Orthodontics In Sioux Falls, SD
Orthodontics refers to a specialized branch of dentistry that corrects poor tooth positioning and improper jaw alignment. This treatment is used to correct both cosmetic issues and problems with chewing function. Genetics and growth rates of your oral structures contribute to alignment problems and crowding.
Our orthodontist, Dr. Chris Wermerson, will evaluate your jaw and tooth alignment by using the latest technology including comprehensive x-rays of your jaws and supporting structures. Dr. Wermerson will formulate a custom treatment plan designed to correct your individual cosmetic and functional issues and provide you with your newly straightened smile.
Some Orthodontic Issues That Can Be Corrected Include:
- Moving crowded or overlapped teeth to give you a cosmetically beautiful smile
- Restoring good chewing function by correcting poor bite alignment
- Closing gaps or spaces between teeth for a great smile
- Positioning twisted or rotated teeth correctly to prevent excessive wear
Now, thanks to modern dental materials and techniques, Wermerson Orthodontics can offer a number of options to correct jaw issues and straighten your teeth.
Some of the Most Common Treatments We Offer Include:
- Invisalign, which is the virtually invisible method of straightening your teeth; Invisalign uses clear plastic trays called aligners.
- Conventional orthodontics, using metal brackets and wires; this is what most people think of when they hear the term “braces.”
- Clear braces, using tooth-colored or clear brackets and wires; this method provides a more cosmetically beautiful look.
treatment for adults can begin at any time. Just remember it may
take a little longer to gradually move your teeth, but you are never
too old to benefit from orthodontic treatment! Orthodontic
treatment for children should begin when your child is seven years
old because the first permanent molars have erupted, allowing your
general dentist or orthodontist to fully evaluate jaw movement and